Reilly and I were just chatting tonight, after he got into bed, after we read books, as per the usual. (He usually asks me questions, or we just discuss things in general.) Tonight he asked me what the word "revenge" means. (I usually try to explain new things to Reilly in a tactile way... illustrating new concepts using something he's experienced or seen before.) So, I told him it would be like... if some kid pushed you down on the playground, REVENGE would be: you pushing him down too. But, I did tell him that Jesus wouldn't want us to behave that way, that revenge was His job, not ours. He just said "Oh". After a second's pause he said, "Well, what if some boy punched me in the mouth? Wouldn't I need to punch HIM in the mouth, too? Because the GOLDEN RULE does say that we treat others the way that we want to be treated, so he would WANT me to punch him in the mouth after that."
Well, shut my mouth. I can't argue with that logic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment