Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Best


I truly believe that my Reilly Dean is the sweetest big brother God ever made. (Or at the very least, the sweetest one I've ever seen!) Here are a couple of things he said today...

(As soon as we hear Avery wake up from her naps, Reilly rushes in to see her. Today, like most, this is what he said...) "GOOD MORNING, baby girl!!! How are you this morning, Sweetheart?!!!"

"Mommy, can I please feed Avery her cereal?? I just love her so much. Oh, and you can go do your chores while I feed her."



"Mommy, could you help me draw a castle? I'd like to draw one for Avery, since she is my princess. A purple one, because she likes purple."



He has NEVER shown even an ounce of jealousy over her, or the attention he now has to share. Never. Not even once. Only sweetness, and understanding when she gets a little too aggressive and yanks on his face while she is loving on him. If she needs something, he is on his way to get it before I can even ask. When she is hurt, he cries, and is fiercely protective. There is just no explaining it.... other than to say that there is no one else in the world like my precious Reilly Dean.

No comments: