Friday, April 8, 2011

The Sweetest Thing He's Ever Done

I was feeling sick a few days ago, and Reilly treated me to the following... (hanging on my wall- a sandwich and a note that says "I love you so moch or much" (He wasn't sure which way was correct for spelling.)



Everyone around here knows that my very favorite thing in the whole wide world is White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter by Peanut Butter & Co. (Which is so amazing, that I always just eat it right out of the jar.) *insert Hallelujah chorus*



And another favorite thing of mine would be a PB & J sandwich. In a stroke of genius, Reilly used these 2 favorites of mine to make a PB & J sandwich just for me, and used tacks to hang it to my "message wall". (Whenever Reilly makes art for me, he tacks it to the wall on my side of my bed- so I'll see it first thing every morning.)

I was utterly floored. Even waking up in a drowsy stupor, I was moved to tears. This boy is so incredible. Thoughtful beyond words... to tap into my favorites the way he did, and without anyone else giving him the idea- or any assistance whatsoever. He did that. Just to make me feel better. He is sweet and caring in the utmost. How can he both break and melt my heart at the same time? As a Mommy, these kinds of moments seem few & far between. It's wonderful to feel appreciation and love from the ones we care for most. This is something I will hold so dear, and I will remember this precious day forever.

And oh yeah, it was tasty!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a great memory to cherish and reflect on when his sweet little heart is covered by not so sweet actions. It's sweet things like that, that make us stop and remember why we do what we do when it's not so easy and sweet. How blessed a Mom are you!