I will be the first to admit my slight apprehension about having a second child... just in a few areas. I had a few worried conversations with my Mom that went something like this... "What if this baby comes out, and I don't feel anything for her?" Or, "What if I love Reilly more and just can't help it?". Well, I got my resounding answer the moment Avery was born. As any mommy will tell you, when you hear that baby's cry... the relief and joy are indescribable. But the most profound emotions I felt were when they brought her over to me and I saw her face. It was like a tidal wave, that I just can't fully comprehend. The love I felt for her was overwhelming, and yet surprisingly familiar- like I had always known her. And the fact that she is an eternal soul that is a piece of both me and the man I love the most in the world- never ceases to amaze me.
And watching Reilly love on her with such gentleness makes me love and appreciate him in a brand new way. To say the least, my heart is more full than it has ever been.
All that to say... I HIGHLY recommend having a Baby #2. :)



1 comment:
it really is greatness!
one of each-fabulous!
thinking of you! can't wait for the girls to meet!
:)
Post a Comment