Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Eve



We always spend Christmas Eve with Nana, Granddad, & Aunt Lana, with the traditional feast of fajitas and crazy-good peanut butter cookies!! It was extra special this year, because they got a Wii... which is super fun. Reilly's favorite was bowling, which he did really well! Joey also had a very high score... YAWN. Sorry if I sound bitter, but that man is good at everything- which can be annoying if you're trying to beat him. ;) We had a great time, and Reilly flipped out when he got his Shake N Go jet from Nana & Granddad! (I think I'll be hearing that thing in my sleep!) As for Avery, she slept almost the whole time (no surprise there) in Lana's doll crib. Pretty cute!

Then, Joey read The Christmas Story... and Reilly has become very aware that we celebrate Christmas because of Jesus. It is so wonderful to continue with Reilly the traditions and legacy of faith that our parents gave to us.

Anyway, we had lots of fun! But, I just couldn't wait to get home to make the cookies for Santa, and set out all the surprises, and TRY to get some sleep! When I was growing up, I was that kid who could NEVER go to sleep on Christmas Eve- I was too excited. Seriously, this continued all the way through high school. :) (This was probably because my parents always made Christmas so incredibly special.) And now I have trouble falling asleep because I'm so excited to see Reilly's face when he opens his gifts on Christmas Morning!

No comments: