Friday, January 16, 2009

The Sweetest Big Brother


Reluctantly, I took Avery to get her first round of immunizations today. I knew this experience would be rough- since I sobbed like a fool when Reilly got his first shots. I was holding Avery in my lap (with tissue in hand) as the kind nurse administered the first shot. As my poor defenseless baby girl began to emit the most painful cry, I kept my head down because I didn't want Reilly to see me upset and get scared himself. I only looked up when I heard another nurse say "Awww..." I glanced over at Reilly only to see him crying the saddest, sweetest tears for his baby sister. My heart just broke. He just had to come closer to look at her, to make sure she was really alright after it was all over.
I have been shocked over these past 2 months as I've watched Avery become such a huge part of Reilly's life. He is so protective, gentle, and affectionate, and he includes her in all his plans. He always just factors her in, no matter what he's doing. It absolutley THRILLS my heart to see how much he cares for her, and how he wants the best for her.... Just what I've always wanted.

1 comment:

Jaclyn @ themommyrevelation said...

I'll never forget when Hudson started crying while Hunter got his shots...it is both pitiful and incredibly sweet at the same time.

It's great that Reilly and Avery are already so close...they are so very cute!