Saturday, February 28, 2009

Defender of My Honor


Well, you wouldn't know it just by looking- but my son is a force to be reckoned with. A thunderbolt of toughness- if you will. The other night while Joey and I were having our playful banter/verbal sparring (which we so thoroughly enjoy), Reilly happened to hear Joey say something to the effect of "Mommy is so silly!" Upon hearing this, a change came over the sweet face of the boy I adore. He assumed what I can only imagine is his "kung fu ready position". He turned to his Daddy, and with all seriousness, gritted his teeth and stated "Don't call my Mommy silly- I will ROUGH-HOUSE you!" After the shock wore off, knowing that fisticuffs may ensue- I tried to explain that Daddy & I were just teasing each other. But Reilly would allow none of this. It was so sweet, and terrifying, all at the same time. If I could only capture a picture of that moment... my HERO! :)

No comments: