Friday, April 23, 2010

Hair & Other Stuff



I have been meaning to post these pics for a couple of months, this is Avery before the serious curl occurred.








Though I love this look on her, I think I favor the curls a little more. It sets her apart, and gives her a uniqueness. I used to feel animosity toward my own curls, because I felt different (when all I wanted was to have "normal" hair like everyone else) and also sadly doomed to the have same look for all eternity. Then, I grew up, and discovered the CHI flat iron, and now I actually feel fortunate to have such versatile hair. :) I will share these and many other of my discoveries with Avery as she grows, and hope she will realize how beautiful she is, curls or not. It is so important to me to make sure that my daughter doesn't confuse true beauty and grace with what's portrayed in magazines or on t.v. Because let's face it... that is a scary thought.

"But let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. " 1 Peter 3:4

No comments: