The Saturday before Mother's Day, we had our first annual Spring Fling! I had been thinking about organizing one for quite a while... since I am all for building traditions. I understand that having traditions will help keep us close as we raise our children, and those traditions are also what will keep our kids coming back home- even after they have families of their own. So, here we go!
For our Spring Fling, the basic idea was messy outdoor fun for our whole family, plus Reilly chose his 2 closest friends to attend as well. :) The weather was absolutely perfect! We met at our house for lunch, and Joey grilled some delicious hamburgers! Then it was on to the park by our house for the Fling! (Of course I made t-shirts for everyone to wear, so they wouldn't mind getting a little messy!)
We began with some yard darts, baseball, and kite flying. The first official game was an Egg and Spoon Race. The teams were divided, and the competition began!!!
We also had a potato sack race, 3-Legged Race, water balloon toss (which quickly escalated into a water balloon FIGHT!) It was a free-for-all... no one was safe! I got Joey good, and that was fabulous! The last game was an Egg Toss, which wasn't as messy as I thought it would be! Well, except for Joey, but that was after the game was over. Sorry babe... that was so funny!
We finished with washers and water guns! It was such a perfect, wonderful day. We all made memories, which was the whole point!!! Until next Spring!






No comments:
Post a Comment