I have only been a Mother for (almost) 6 years, but these things are what I already know to be true:
Motherhood is a truly singular experience, there is nothing else like it on the planet.
Being a Mommy is being love and comfort incarnate for the tiny blessings that God himself placed in your care. I can't think of any greater honor.
Watching every single one of their firsts, cheering them on when they try their best to achieve something they've never been able to do before, seeing them succeed... all these things simply thrill a Mother's soul.
As a Mom, you feel your childrens' pain more clearly than you feel your own, and would absolutely give up your life for them in an instant.
I believe that Motherhood is one of the gifts God has given us- as a practical tool to show us (in smaller magnitude) how He cares for us.
It is an awe-inspiring love, a mother for her children. Bittersweet in every sense. That love never lessens, as their physical need for us diminishes, the love only grows and changes. And those changes mirror who her child is at that time... we learn to love them in different ways as they grow- from the completely dependent days of a helpless infant, to the struggle to keep them alive despite their toddlerhood curiosity, to the fiercely independent preschool days, and beyond.
Being "Mommy" is the most challenging, heartbreaking, heartwarming, frustrating, fulfilling, incredibly amazing adventure I have ever had. And we're just getting warmed up!
Reilly and Avery, I love you both "to the moon and back" and thank God for choosing me to be your Mommy!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment