Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pancakes


Okay, I'm really sort of ashamed to admit this, but I recently made pancakes for the first time since Homemaking class in high school. Reason being, Joey would always make them, or we would go out for breakfast to Ol' South Pancake House. (The best, in my humble opinion.)

I just felt like I couldn't be a "real" Mom without possessing this skill set. So I bought myself a griddle, and tried my hand. And as it turns out, I'm not too shabby!!!

An ambitious start... oh yes, those are peanut butter chips!

Beauty Shot

As if peanut butter isn't perfect already... we warm it up and melt it. YUM.

I'll admit, it seems strange- peanut butter pancakes. But don't knock it till you've tried it!





The taste test... let's see if they measure up.





Looks like we've got a winner. Sorry Ol' South, we still love you though.





Now, that's a happy Joey!



All that is all that's left of Reilly's blueberry pancakes!!!



I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to be a "real" Mom. ;)

No comments: