I am finally starting to catch up on this blog, so here go the last few big events of the summer.
For a little background info, I taught Reilly's kindergarten class last year... at home. :) We decided that we had given him a great academic foundation to build upon, and thought that he was ready to begin public school for his first grade experience. I knew our world was going to be flipped upside down when I wasn't going to have him with me all day every day for the first time in his life. So, we asked Reilly what he would most like to do before all these changes took place. To which he replied, "a date with Mommy." Music to my ears, I tell ya. :)
For our date, he had his Daddy pick up some lovely roses for me and of course opened every single one of my doors. I offered to let him drive, but he declined... so responsible already. ;) He decided we should go to one of our favorites for dinner, Carrabbas, and then to a movie... Cats & Dogs- The Revenge of Kitty Galore in 3D. At dinner, we sat on the barstools overlooking the kitchen and loved it. He really liked being able to see how the food is prepared. Especially his very own salad, which he loved!
We were a little early, so we got to play a few games before our movie started. He destroyed me in Air Hockey, as usual. I don't know how he does it!!!
Reilly loved the 3D glasses, and the movie was actually pretty cute, and made us both giggle quite a bit. It was very silly... our kinda movie. :)
Afterward, we hit Braum's for some birthday cake ice cream (Reilly) and frozen yogurt (Mommy). Reilly discovered a new favorite that night... blue ice cream with birthday cake bits in it ?? Could life get any better??!!!
It was a delicious, fun, memorable night with my sweet little man. We laughed a lot, no one makes me smile quite like my Reilly Bear can. I will remember it forever. and ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment