For our last day home with Reilly before his school career began, we took the kids to Going Bonkers for some crazy climbing, sliding fun! (It's like a Chick-fil-A playground on steroids, for those who aren't in the know.) Reilly had never seen anything like it, his eyes were HUGE... so we knew we scored!! We love making our children feel like there's magic in the world... we believe that's actually part of our job as parents. :)
It was actually there that I felt something I didn't expect. It was the very first time I felt like we were a 4-pack... instead of three and a baby. Because we let Avery climb with the three of us, up to the top of that crazy playground... and she was a pro! She stayed right with us, climbing and sliding like she'd done it a million times! There was chasing, racing, red-faced sweating, and giggling... most of all giggling. It was the most fun we've ever had as a family of 4. I just know I'll remember it forever, as the beginning of an exciting new chapter for our family.
After we closed down Going Bonkers, we hit one of Reilly's favorites for dinner... Panda Express! Followed by a perfect snow cone from Bahama Buck's. (Joey's absolute favorite.) Joey introduced us to the ring game there, which like everything else- he is annoyingly great at. I think Reilly got the hang of it too, but Avery was just too busy enjoying the snow cones to bother with more than one try at it.
It was such a great day, the perfect summer send-off for the kiddos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment