Our Wedding Day !!
We started with a delicious early lunch at Leilani's before heading over to Mikey & Honey's hotel, The Grand Wailea, to get ready for our ceremony. That hotel was amazing, and the bar there makes the most delicious Lava Flows on the planet! (For those who don't know, a LAVA FLOW is a tasty adult beverage... specifically just a Pina Colada with strawberry puree. YUM.)
I got my makeup applied and dress on, just in time for our incredible photographer (Honey) to take some pictures of us on the grounds of the hotel and in front of the waterfall there. I can't fully express how wonderful it is to have an amazing professional photographer in the family, much less one who was going to be in Hawaii anyway for Mikey's company trip! It was so great having Mikey and Honey there with us, it made it even more perfect being able to share it with them!
We arrived at our ceremony site a bit early, which was good since we had to put on tennis shoes and trek down some gnarly rocks to get to the secluded Poolenalena Beach. We were a little worried, since the wind on the climb down was furious... but then we reached a tiny cove, and that fierce wind dwindled to a gentle breeze. It was directly under the cliff side home of Hollywood actress Sharon Stone, and adjacent to the home of Clint Eastwood. Pretty cool. Our officiant, Rev. Kevin, opened the ceremony with a Fozzy Bear-esque guttural "singing" to the Four Winds. During which, we all found it quite difficult to hold it together without laughing at the poor man.
The rest of the ceremony was sweet and romantic. We acknowleged all that we've been through these past 10 years as a couple,and now as a family of 4. We renewed the Vows we made to each other 10 years ago, and promised once again to love each other for the rest of our lives. It was dreamy, and so romantic. It was the wedding I had always wanted. Thank you Joey, for making it your goal in life to make all my dreams come true. I'll have to dream up some more, since you've checked off almost everything on my list! You're more than I ever dreamed of, when I dreamt of the man I would spend my forever with. You are truly a prince among frogs. ;)
I love you with all my heart, and I thank God for blessing me with the gift of you.
***** Photography courtesy of Kristina Fanelli - Koi Images and Events. www.kristinafanelli.com






No comments:
Post a Comment