We began day 3 with breakfast at Daylight Donuts, which also serves a full breakfast menu in addition to their yummy donuts. Day 3 was so much clearer, since there was no snow falling. We decided to ride the gondola back up the mountain, to get a better view of everything than we got the day before. Again, we had some delicious coffee in the cafeteria-style restaurant in the Ski Lodge at Peak 8. After hanging out there for a while, we went back down into town for some exploring.
Window shopping was fun, until I was stopped in my tracks by something I read in one of those windows. At Greta's Cafe, it said, "Try our WHITE Hot Chocolate. Oh boy. Joey knew immediately that it was "go" time. I am a sucker for all things white chocolate, it was like they knew I would be there!!! Let me tell you, it did not disappoint!! The most delicious drink I had ever had in my life! Not exaggerating here people. Stop reading this blog, run- don't walk to your vehicle and drive to Breckenridge just for this beverage. I so enjoy being an online travel guide!! (Bear in mind that I am Italian, and am quite passionate about... well, everything!)
Including our next stop, which was Rocky Mountain Cupcakes. Our kids would have ADORED this bakery. Since there was also a wall of candy, and ice cream too!! These weren't just your run-of-the-mill cupcakes either. They were special. And delectable. It was so difficult to choose, but we went with the Cinnamon Swirl cupcake, and the SMORES cupcake- with a toasted marshmallow on top. Incredible. Especially since they make those miraculous little treats at such a high altitude! Deliciousness at 9,600 feet!
I also stumbled upon the cutest little gift shop EVER! (And my patient hubby waited while I perused everything!) It is called "Magical Scraps" and I absolutely loved everything they made! Adorable kids clothes, aprons, handbags, jewelry, etc! They are FAB! Their website is magicalscraps.com and they have a site on ETSY too, you can check them out at etsy.com/shop/magicalscraps.
As we were strolling to our condo, we saw a sign for "Model Home Open House". We couldn't resist checking that out. It was gorgeous. The colors were so warm and rich. It was fun to dream of living there!
We went back to our condo early, to watch the Super Bowl in front of the fireplace! We brought some sandwiches from Blimpie, so we were set for the rest of the night! The game ended just the way we wanted it to- the Steelers lost!






No comments:
Post a Comment