Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mimi & Grandpa


Avery hasn't really smiled yet, except while sleeping... until Grandpa. :) Yesterday, Mimi & Grandpa stopped by for their fix... the traditional "baby sugars" that they can't seem to go more than 2 days without. (They did this with Reilly too!) I handed Avery to my Dad, and while he was talking so sweetly to her... she GRINNED, and almost laughed. And she just kept on smiling, every time he would start talking to her!!



She just gazed into his eyes, and my Dad was so tickled- he just ate it up! This is one of those memories that I just know is going to stick.


I'm always amazed by how much I enjoy watching my parents with my children. I never really had the privilege to know any of my grandparents, since all but one passed away before I was even born. So knowing that my children will not only have memories of their grandparents, but that they will actually take part in shaping who Reilly and Avery will become pleases me to no end. What a blessing this is to me... and the kids.




I catch myself sometimes imagining what they were like holding me as a tiny baby, with 3 a.m. feedings and diaper changes, and am truly grateful (and by experience can finally somewhat comprehend) a small portion of what they've done for me over the course of my lifetime. Thanks so much Mom & Dad... for everything. We love you!!

1 comment:

tomi said...

This picture of your Dad is just precious. I am sure that it will be one that you treasure for ever. LOVE IT!!!