Thursday, October 15, 2009

Boyhood

**** Please select song #2 on the Playlist at the bottom of the page to go with this post! ****

As I was snuggling with Reilly the other night, I was struck by how special, and fleeting this time with him really is. I teared up when I thought that someday, he wouldn't want "snuggles" from Mommy. Someday, he would want to decorate his own room & would choose something much more grown-up than Airplane Sheets. Someday, he won't want to dress up in super-hero costumes with capes and wield swords... just because.



Someday, I won't find Hot Wheels under the covers of my bed, and in my shoes. Someday, he'll be too self-conscious to be blissfully unaware of having Oreo cookie face. Someday, he won't want to hold Mommy's hand and kiss his Daddy on the lips. Someday, he will groan and roll his eyes when I say "TICKLE FIGHT"! Someday, he will simply step over puddles instead of splashing in them. Someday, he won't want to have Mommy "pet" his back and sing him a song before he drifts off to sleep. Someday, his beloved stuffed animals SpiderMonkey and ReillyBear will be collecting dust in the top of his closet. Someday, the girl he's most concerned with in the world won't be his baby sister. Someday, cartoons will no longer be the funniest thing ever, and there will be no characters on his underwear.

Someday, will be here much sooner than I want it to... and as depressing as these thoughts can be, I am glad I have them. Because if I didn't, I wouldn't know to soak up every single silly second with these incredible blessings from God that I love so impossibly.

No comments: