Sunday, August 16, 2009

Dabbling In "Crafty"

Well, anyone who knows me knows that I am not what one would call "crafty". I just didn't get that gene... seriously- the "crafty-est" thing I do is tie my shoes. But, for sweet Avery, I thought I would give it a try.

I decided that Avery needs to wear a tutu for her 1st birthday party in November, so here is my attempt at making one. After many hours working on this, I'm pretty pleased with it! (Now I've started on a tutu for the Build-A-Bear that Reilly wants to get for her birthday.)





Months ago, I attempted a bow hanger. And NO I didn't make any of the bows- let's not get carried away.



I like the confidence that comes from stretching myself beyond what I think I'm capable of. What's my next project you ask?? I think I'll try some remedial window valances for Avery's room... stay tuned.

No comments: