I am capable of comprehending why children have to grow up, but a little less so about the speed in which they do it. This extremely intelligent, funny, helpful, handsome, adventurous, independent, eloquent little boy cannot possibly be the 6 pound 3 ounce bundle that I carried for nine months and brought into the world on June 28, 2004. But yet, he is. And we have been honored and blessed to have witnessed every moment.
Here are some of the things that we love most about our 6 year old Reilly Bear:
I have never seen a child (or adult for that matter), who absolutely delights in helping others. It is his mission to help everyone he knows, so much so that he gets frustrated when they won't let him! And honestly, I couldn't do this "Mommy of 2 children" thing without his help. He is the extra pair of hands that have come to my rescue more times than I can count.
He is his own man. In the mornings lately, he has taken the initiative to make up his bed without being asked, and even prepares his own breakfast.... just to make us proud. And boy, are we!
And he still literally dreams of being a super-hero. It captures his imagination like nothing else.
He has an astounding vocabulary, and his use of proper grammar just thrills me.
Of course, per tradition, we video-recorded his yearly "Interview." Here are a few of our favorite answers...
What would you like to be when you grow up? "A Race Car Driver... or car washer. Or Toy Maker... or a sprinkler maker."
What is your favorite food? "Donuts, waffles, and pancakes."
What is your favorite movie? "Godzilla, I think."
What is your favorite restaurant? "Huck-a-Donald's or Ol South"
***yes, he knows it is really "McDonald's", but now we all call it Huck-a-Donald's.... it's more fun!
What kind of car do you want in 10 years when you turn 16? "A blue Corvette with red stripes."
How high can you count? "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.... ugh. that is as high as I can count without swallowing my saliva."
*** really, he can count much much higher than 100. And actually, can count by 2's, 5's and 10's way higher than 100 as well!
What is your favorite thing that God made? "Mommy, Daddy, & Avery."
Reilly Dean Reagan, we love you to pieces... and thank God for giving us YOU!



No comments:
Post a Comment