This was my Christmas present to Joey this year, since he's been talking about going to Holiday in the Park at Six Flags for YEARS!! He took Reilly this past summer, and they had a blast. The Judge Roy Scream was Reilly's favorite ride (but he seems too little to be riding that- if you ask me!!) I was really excited to go too, since I hadn't been there since I worked there when I was 15 !!! (Six Flags was my very first job!) We thought the kids would love it, and boy were we right! When we pulled into the parking lot, Avery said, "Oooooh.. Big Playground!"
We were definitely prepared with all the necessary stuff, which made things much easier. (Kinda makes me feel like a good Mommy when I remember to bring everything we might need.) We took a wagon for them to ride in, snacks, and all our cold weather gear. (blankets, hats & gloves- because it was frigid!)
We started off in Looney Tunes Land (designed for the littlest kiddos) so Avery could get an idea of what Six Flags is all about. She hated being strapped into the rides, but once they got going- she loved them... and asked to go again!
It was very nostalgic, since so many things are the same. Don't get me wrong, a lot has changed since I was working there- but it was great to see some of the classics were still going strong! We absolutely had to let Reilly drive one of the antique Chaparral cars, since that was something we never missed when my parents took our family to Six Flags! We also couldn't miss the "Cave" ride, which is actually called Yosemite Sam's Adventure. That was always the one we wanted to ride in the heat of the summer, since it was always so refreshingly cold in there!
Avery rode her very first roller coaster... the mini mine train. She loved it! And, Reilly and I rode the Runaway Mine Train- which was one of my favorites when I was a kid. (And, truthfully when I was a teenager too. I'm not a fan of roller coasters, but I have been known to ride them just to make my man happy.)
The kids were both excited to ride the train around the park as well!
Reilly's favorite thing to do at Six Flags is definitely playing the games! (Just like Joey did when he was a kid!) Reilly loved trying to win those obnoxious stuffed animals, guitars, and super-hero capes! He made it home with a Super-Man cape, a giant "Taz", and he won a Tweety Bird just for Avery. Too sweet.
And, of course the funnel cakes and hot chocolate are a DON'T MISS!Joey made sure to get an awesome light-up wand for each of the kids on our way out of the park, which we closed down by the way! Can't believe we were there (in the cold) with the kiddos for 6 hours!!! It was a fantastic day for all of us, so much so- that we're contemplating Season Passes!!






No comments:
Post a Comment