Since my beloved husband was turning 35 this year, I knew I had to do something really special to embarass him. So, I enlisted the help of a couple of his friends to help me plan a golf outing! Well- one for the planning (Robert), and one for the kidnapping! I had his most ornery friend (Chris) come kidnap him on that Saturday morning, and Joey had no earthly idea where he would be taken. That was FUN. I had 6 of his friends meet him at the golf course for 18 holes, and of course some trash talk! (One of them drove all the way from LONGVIEW... Thanks Jeremy!) From what I hear, none of them played very well... but they had a great time anyway.
Then, the guys brought him to Texas Roadhouse (one of his favorite restaurants) where all of his family and some more friends were waiting to surprise him!!! His face was priceless! Who doesn't love a surprise party?? His cake was also pretty special. Last month when we were at the Main Street Halloween Festival in Grapevine, we sampled some cupcakes from Patty Cakes Bakery. Joey absolutely loved the Maple Pecan cupcake, which is odd since he is not a cake person. So, of course that was the only cake that would be suitable for such a special occasion. And he loved it !!
It was so wonderful to visit with our family and fantastic friends! Joey had such a great time!
Thanks to everyone who helped us celebrate that amazing man who I am blessed to call "husband".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment