Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Reilly's 1st Day of School !!!


So, this took a while to get posted, but Reilly's first day of 1st grade was actually his first day of school EVER. (Since we homeschooled him for Kindergarten last year.) It was a tough decision for us to send him to public school, but we really think that the daily interaction with other kids would really benefit him. Not to say we won't revisit the homeschooling idea in the future, but for now we're settled.

Anyway, he was so very excited that first morning! We all went together and walked him in. (It was actually our first time to meet his teacher since we were out of town for Meet The Teacher Night.) She is really sweet, Reilly loves her! Even so, it was so difficult to leave him there. Almost unbearable. I was a mess that whole first day. I didn't see any other Mommies boo-hooing, so that was a bit unsettling. But I know I can't be the only one!!

He had a great day, and was so excited to tell us all about it. We made a special little first day of school party for him... I made some special snacks (brownies and a school bus cake)


And the grandparents and Aunt Lana came over too!



We're all so proud of you, Reilly Bear, and we can't wait to see all that you accomplish this year!!!

No comments: