
Well, our baby boy is 5 years old. Utterly unbelievable. I remember seeing him sitting up in the floor as a baby, and staring at him in wonder- because there was no way I could picture in my head him walking and talking someday. Kinda crazy that now it's hard to picture him sitting still in the floor like that.


As usual, Reilly's birthdays make me nostalgic, since I am the most sentimental fool. ;) Now that he's 5, I feel like I'm saying a real goodbye to his baby days, which at times I truly miss.










But I wouldn't trade where he is now for the world. He amazes me almost daily- he is so fun to be around and converse with. It has been both a pleasure and a privilege to help mold this incredible boy into who he is today.
He's like a dream that finally comes true, but when it does- the REALITY makes the dream pale in comparison. He is a miracle, he came right through me... and I have been blessed to have experienced his awesomeness for longer than anyone else. Reilly is like an amazing secret that I've kept to myself for 5 years, and now I'm beginning to share him with the world... just a bit. :)
He has handed me the heartiest- to the CORE- laughter of my life. He is helpfulness in its purest form- with no wish for repayment. He has a precious heart, he is compassionate, affectionate, and has kind words to say about everyone... even not-so-perfect strangers. He loves to make us laugh and be in on every practical joke. His vocabulary- staggering. His comprehension- alarming.
I love his curiousity and enthusiasm for things I don't even notice. He is.... refreshing. With so much cynicism and pessimism in the world- being in his presence is energizing.
He is a boy in perpetual motion.
He is strong-willed and stubborn. (Don't quite know where he got that from.)
He is my protector. The "Man of the House" while Daddy is away. (Bugs and Bad Guys BEWARE.)
He has very discriminating taste buds. (He can tell the difference between the orange and green Apple Jacks... others didn't believe it at first, but he passed their tests repeatedly.)
He is a gentleman who holds open doors for ladies of all ages.
He is quite charming, which is why he so easily makes friends everywhere we go. His fans are everywhere. (Banks, restaurants, hair salons, you name it.)
He laughs in his sleep.
His loves are: GOD, his family, his friends, Hot Wheels, books, Corvettes, organization, Hiding and then popping out to terrify, donuts, fruits & veggies, animals, super-hero costumes, anything you can cover in syrup, Spider-Man, Transformers, movie nights, togetherness, swimming, climbing, jumping, playing sports, dancing, and making his family smile to name just a few.
HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY TO THE COOLEST KID IN THE WORLD. WE LOVE YOU REILLY BEAR!



No comments:
Post a Comment