Joey and I will be celebrating our 9th Wedding Anniversary on June 10th, but since he's going to be out of town for work that day- we went out tonight!
We actually exchanged gifts today, and I have to admit that he won that contest. I got him the first season of "Burn Notice" on DVD. (If you haven't seen it, you should check it out... it's funny!)
He got me some CDs and an iPod Shuffle with the sweetest, most romantic song I've never heard already programmed onto it. (**It's the first song on the playlist on the bottom of this page- click on it if you'd like to give it a listen.***) Of course, it's by Brad Paisley... he sings all our favorite songs. It's called "THEN".
Joey played it for me, on my adorable little iPod, with tears in his eyes as we listened. (MAJOR romance points for that one, Joe.) Of course, I cried like a fool... with my sweet husband wiping the tears from one eye, and my precious Reilly wiping the tears away from the other. Such sweetness in this house, I can't even tell you.
Then, after all the mushy boo-hoo-ing, Joey programmed ALL of my CD's and various favorite songs into my iPod without any instruction from me. I know I know... I'm a lucky gal. ;)
We dined on the terrace at The Cheesecake Factory and then went for a stroll. The food was GOOOOD and the weather was absolutely PERFECT!
Date nights have actually been few and far between since baby Avery came along, so it is quite gratifying to know that after 11 years as a couple, we still have so much to talk about, and laugh about!
Thanks for a great Anniversary, my hubby! (And many thanks to the Mimi for keeping the kiddos so we could have a night out!)



No comments:
Post a Comment