Tuesday, July 24, 2012
The BEST Surprise - from Dec. 27, 2011
Joey and I began "trying" for a third child in the Spring of 2011, but took a break during all of my gall bladder issues and surgery in April 2011. We didn't use any prevention starting in the Fall of 2011, and figured if it happened, it would be fantastic. We hadn't begun charting my temperature or paying any attention to ovulation dates like we had with the previous 2 pregnancies, and weren't extremely serious about it.
I was feeling a bit strange around Christmas, and we had a pregnancy test in the house from before so I decided to take it 2 days after Christmas. To my utter shock, it was positive. I hadn't even thought of a cute way to tell Joey if it were positive, because I just didn't have the same pregnancy symptoms that I did with the previous 2. I thought quickly... and stuck a red bow on the test and walked into our room, of course it was really early in the morning so Joey was still asleep. I said, "Hey Baby, I forgot to give you one of your Christmas presents" and then handed him the test. He blinked for a few seconds, trying to focus on it and then his eyes got HUGE. He was shocked as well. After it sank in for a few minutes, he started GRINNING. We both did.
But even though I was staring at the word "PREGNANT", I didn't quite believe it. So the next morning, I took 2 more tests...
It was for real, and had to be the BEST SURPRISE of my whole life !!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment